Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Finally, I managed to do something right...I think

I never professed to be technologically competent...especially where anything remotely connected to a computer is involved.  Which is funny, since my two sewing machines both depend on a computer for design, and both have computers built into them--but trust me, I fight with both of them on a regular basis--it's amazing the gorgeous (if I do say so myself) work that comes out of them in spite of me.

But getting this poor blog up and running, and trying to find out how to link it back to our tiny little Etsy shop?  That has been an entirely different battle...I've left at least 3 other blogs dead on the road along the way somewhere.  Blog-kill is kind of what I think of them....I'm just hoping I'm not the only person who does that--starts something on line, figures out this was a mistake and can't find the "undo" button anywhere, there's no one to really talk to, so you just get out of the page altogether and leave it like old trash out there, littering cyberspace with your mistakes, hoping you didn't just hit a satellite or something important when you threw it out the proverbial cyber window...and then go on to the next attempt.

Anyway, I finally figured out how to correctly name the blog, and give the blog its rightful address, and so, "ta da!" as they say....now we have a blog that resembles the name in our shop....here we are!!

So now, I can start chatting away, like I do every morning to Wicked1--and sharing those lovely moments with any one who cares to drop by....readers, that is...and maybe you'd like to drop in with your cup of coffee, tea, or wine (if it's the right time of day--hell, for me? I have days when ANY time is the right time of day for wine) and give us a few of your thoughts....if so, just jump right in and drop us a line...isn't there a place on these things for comments?  I'm pretty sure there is, if I remember from my early blogging days (I had a blog called swymathecove--which was a ridiculous acronym for "say what you mean at the cove--where I live, on a lake, back when I first started blogging, right after I retired from a 30-some year career with the Federal government, and I was SURE--absolutely stinking positively SURE I would be a consultant....ha! No such thing happened...and now I'm very glad of it, because I wouldn't be doing the wonderfully fun creative crap --oops, I mean fun stuff--I'm doing now, with Wicked1).....

Anyway, where was I?  Oh yeah....so now we have this blog, and we'll talk to you, you can talk back, and we might listen...just kidding--if you talk back, we WILL listen...because that means you READ us!!!  It means you actually LOOKED at more than just our stuff, you found us behind the curtain and looked up our profile, and found the LINK to this blog....YIPPEE!!!  (Sheesh, don't get so all excited or anything, Wicked2...no one's even READ this stuff...yet....and they won't if you keep this up).

Ok....well, this is the first....but we've got a lot of stuff--I mean things to talk with you about...most of it is just plain funny stuff about what goes on in our lives while we're trying to make things to put in our shop....and the kinds of things that interrupt us (men, cranky machines acting up, software that won't do what it's supposed to do, weird men leaving strange phone messages, friends with odd advice, bad compliments, the dog, the cat, etc)...you name it--it happens around here, and makes life interesting...)  And once in awhile, we even take pictures to go along with the interruptions....

So sit back, bring a drink, and enjoy....we do!  Oh, and have a nice day (I actually hate that phrase--it reminds me of that silly yellow button with the smiley face on it--but someone's always saying it, so I suppose I should say it to someone....)

No comments:

Post a Comment